RSS
Hello!!! The name's Mervin. Loves photography, shopping, coffee, and my friends. I can fill this little section with so much crap to scare you away, but... enough, I think? XD

Penang, with a lil' bit of Pening

Seriously, I can't imagine who could be more... inexplicable than dear Ah Jo. And no shit. He woke up early one morning and texted me :

"Wanna go backpacking at Penang? You only have two answer options : Yes, or Definitely."

Now that's what you call all of a sudden. According to him, he just woke up and the idea came to him. And me being a never-say-no-to-outings kinda person, I just tagged along. All that was left was to recruit two more people (you know, save up on transport and accomodations).

And who would've known that the hardest part of an impromptu trip was not the planning, but finding people that dint have exc
uses like

"Er...no la. Going back to hometown."
or "Harh... bo money liao!"


=.=

But in the end, we managed to find two others. Donovan (Jonathan's friend), an his cousin, Pien Kiat. And three massive cheers that they're all English speakers! After 2 months going out with friends that you only understand half of what they're saying, it's a relief to be fully communicable for once.


This is pathetic.

Anyway, going there cost RM 36, and that's something to wonder about, seeing that Taiping tickets are 40 bucks even though it's nearer. And I swear to god, I couldn't sleep on the night before the trip, even when I knew it was at least 9 hours before we departed. That's right.

9. Sleepless. Hours. Twisting. Turning.

Oh. Seeing as this is a four day thing, I won't scare ya'll away by jam packing everything into one post. First day, aite?

We had lunch at Burger King's. Donovan wanted s
ome Chicken Fiesta Package that cost 33 bucks, so three of us kinda ended up sharing. After that, the journey to Penang was pretty dull, seeing as the most everyone did for 3 hours or so was sleep (Don actually slept for the entire journey, cos he didn't sleep at all the previous night. I wonder if he was just as excited?). However, we did manage to corrupt a kid's mind on the way there. Ever watched Crank?



Yeah. Anyone who's ever watched it will know what banging someone on a newsstand looks like. I think that one was the kid's favourite part too. I know that I loved it.

After 4 hours of sitting down and not burning any calories anywhere, we've reached the oh-so-gonna-be-exciting Penang. We waited for our Jonathan's friend cum tour guide, Catarina to pick us up at the bus stop to our hotel. Oops. Make that motel.


Ah hell. For 65 bucks, it's good. Really good. The air-con was exceptionally good, too. Just that the cupboard kinda reminded me of my college hostel. Miserable.

And after some relaxing, we decided to plan our events for the next few days. First day would be a food tour round Gurney. Our hotel motel was really close to Gurney Drive. 15 minutes walk. But that's if you walk really slowly, like we guys did.

On the way, we passed the waterfront. I was told it used to be an okay beach, until Neptune got angry and threw a tsunami at it. Now, it slightly stinks (only Neptune knows why), it's got rocks all over, and it's home to little mudskippers. Cute as they are, I think they've got some kinda sixth sense. One moment they're there and I'm climbing the rocks to get a picture, and next moment, they seem to vanish. Fun suckers, literally.

The rest of the day was plain eating. Nothing much, 'cept the food there is awesome! Already I'm missing the char kuey teow. Went to Gurney Plaza right after that, where Don kinda tried his talent in becoming Ms. Thailand, followed by a stop at McD's. That's it.

I know. This post, is extremely shabby for those of you who've read my previous blog. Maybe it's because two years of being out of the blogosphere has made me rusty, or because there are no pics. And you wanna know why?

I LOST MY FRIGGIN' CAMERA IN PENANG!!!!

All - and I mean ALL - of the best pics I took were in there. Gosh. And to call myself a camwhore. I mean, how can I be a blogger without a cam? And how can you be a camwhore without a cam?

Camwhore - Cam = Camwhore = Whore

For one, I'd rather be a gigolo than a whore. So yes. From now on, no more clothes. No more fancy outings. It's saving time, until I get my new camera. This time, it's gonna be waterproof.

So Jonathan, Don, Kiat, I'm sooooo sorry! I can't possibly blog about a trip without any photos! And I don't feel like putting up Jonathan's photos, cos well, you know, they're his photos, after all. And I know that your blog's gonna be missing out cos of my cam, too.

So...

Gomen....gomen...gomenasai!!!
*sob sob* *bangs head on floor, pummeling the ground*


Bahh. I promise, when I get my cam again, future posts are gonna be better.

Till then.



Yours truly,
Mervin - But I think whores make much more money than gigolos...

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 You'll Know It's Mervin.. All rights reserved.