RSS
Hello!!! The name's Mervin. Loves photography, shopping, coffee, and my friends. I can fill this little section with so much crap to scare you away, but... enough, I think? XD

A Date To Remember. - 24.11.09

Yet another backdated post, this one about the day Mervin til"leon Lindaeus turned 18. Yahooo!!!

It all started with a wish for Starbucks, and then Roslyn's supercool piece of paper. Voucher: Get a second drink free with every purchase of something (or something like that, I can't recall). And so we did the math, and figured that we could each get Starbucks (repeat, STARBUCKS) for a meager 7 bucks! Pun unintended.

No thinking required, we immediately made plans. Greedy Malaysian mindsets, I know. :P

Yeah, her. The original plan was to go on her birthday, but when assignments shake their heads, it's a no. Met her outside her block, and we were both carrying backpacks. Great minds think alike, they do.

Confession here. I know practically zilch about Starbucks. Naturally, that enticed the 8-year old out of me.

Stoned at the menu because I didn't know what to order.

Stared at the words Venti and Grande.

Jumped around with my camera.

Acted like I didn't know what those sweet, white crystals in the bottle labelled "Sugar" were.

Almost spilled the drinks.

DID spill the cinnamon powder.

Took all the brochures. (Customize Your Coffee, Only At Starbucks)

From her expression, I don't think Roslyn has ever seen a rusa masuk kampung before. Ah, whatever. Settled with the first item on the menu.

Wrong choice, though. For a first time at Starbucks, it sucked. Too milky, and the caramel was too little to be significant! Roslyn's Mocha Chip Frapp was much much better.

Oh well. I'm not giving up on Starbucks yet. I have big plans to try every item on the menu.

Roslyn's laptop accompanied us mainly because she had fat hopes to Sky-pee.,but that failed. Thankfully, there's still a good camera to entertain ourselves, and Starbucks has a couple of Stackers to play. Brought them to the table with a biiiiiig smile, despite Roslyn's "Oh My God..... =.="

:D


I still don't have a clue as to what they're actually called. Chingas, Stackers, Stack Em's, and many other names. Ah, it's what you do with them that counts, not what they're called, right?

But what you do with them is also VERY subjective, lawl.

Thankee Roslyn, for the awesome day, for the treat, and for realizing it's pathetic not to have pictures of me when it's my camera to begin with. Oh. Also for helping me cross off not one, but TWO things on my wishlist. I declare 2009... complete? Haha.

Went off somewhat early, and since neither of us were content with having coffee for dinner, the debate was between Nando's or Teppanyaki? Nando's was the cheaper choice if shared, but that's not exactly the case. You'll see.

Cute! The waitress, I mean. No shit, that’s how every waiter and waitress should be. But she must’ve thought I was sick in the head or something, cos’ when I asked if the half chicken meal could be cut into 2 separate quarters, she said:

“Well, actually, a half chicken is 2 quarters.”

FINE. Me and Roslyn thought that's how it should be.

Manatau, two quarter meals arrived. EFF!!!! FYI, why I’m so pissed is because sharing a half chicken would be cheaper than 2 separate quarter meals. Dammit, with the amount of money we paid, we could’ve had the Teppanyaki. Ugh.

But alahhh, shit’s been done, and unshitting it would be very inconvenient. All that said, I decided to forget my consumer rights just this once. I’m not usually as merciful as this, okay!

Count your lucky stars, Nando’s.

Went back after that, only to find myself sitting on Gunung Kerjarumah again, and desperate for help from my best friend, coffee. He wasn’t there, sigh.

Since it’s a birthday post, (mine to be precise) instead of replying everyone on Facebook or sms, I’m just gonna do it here. Even took the liberty of remembering the order! Okay. Here goes.

01. Yi Hui - refused to let me leave till it was 12 SHARP so she could be the first.
02. Kok Hoe
03. Sam
04. Nabil - I know you're dissapointed with 4th, but I still friend you okay!
05. CCY - Handed me the first present. Still love it!
06.Maznah
07. Roslyn
08. Cornelius
09. Jennie - Wo hai shi hen nian qing!!!
10. Penas - I mandi that time la, haiyo.
11. Hace
12. Ryan Tan - The only one who wished me, and didn't know how to spell my name, aiyah.
13. Donovan - My second present : Krispy Kreme! Better than J.Co, yuno!
14. J. Quek
15. Johanna - You still remember the dodol parts? Goddayumm, I forgot adi!!!
16. Ding - I want.... *refer to list on right*
17. SoBen
18. Jonathan
19. Wei Lun - I'm no more xiao di di ah...
20. Iva
21. DMT2. The weirdest birthday song I've had in my life, wtf.

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!
*everyone looks around*
Happy birthday to Munmun/Mervin/Yap Goon Mun,
Happy birthday to you!

Sigh. I hate my Chinese name. Mervin is much better, yes?

22. Jade
23.Wan Kah
24. Benson
25. Clover
26. Kiyoshi
27.Ben Ben
28. Xian
29. Mayjee
29. Pei Lin
30. Ally Khoo
31. Kelly - one of the best birthday wishes I've ever had. Thanks. (Click HERE)
32. Ruihou
33. Say Er
34. Samson - At 21. At 21, I just MIGHT break my virginity. wtf so random! XD
35. Phraveen
36. Debra
37. Kavi
38. Fumi
39. KimChuan

Okay, I'm done! After typing everything, I find it quite unneccessary, wth?!?!?! No no, I'm not hitting the backspace button.

I'm FINALLY 18! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D



Yours truly,
Mervin, I couldn't have wished for more. Thanks, everyone!

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 You'll Know It's Mervin.. All rights reserved.